Clarinet Frame Relay Features
|The Clarinet-system is a powerful Protocol Test
platform supporting Frame Relay protocol over ISDN, E1/T1
Trunks, ATM and Vseries interfaces. It offers a wide
variety of functions:
- Automatic simulation
- Conformance testing for different layers of protocols based on
ETSI or NIUF test suites.
The flexibility and the user-friendly
interface of the software provides the user with a way to use it for
product development, engineering or field trials.
Conformance testing simulation
- Data link of ISDN BRI and PRI interfaces (B channel)
- Data link of V24, V35, V36, X24 interfaces.
- Data link of E1 interfaces (1 to 31 aggregated TS)
- Data link of T1 interfaces (1 to 24 aggregated TS)
- ATM-AAL5 circuit
Protocol event generation
- Frame Relay Data link: BOP events,
Statistics event generation
- BOP type event counters
- counters by PDUs type on frames, SVC messsages
- data-flow counters by layer
Protocol specification for display
- Frame Relay Data Link (protocol stack with 7 decoding levels):
- BOP envelope,
- Frame Relay layers decoding:
- Layer 2: FRF
- Layer 3 SVC: ITU Q933
- Full decoding of SVC Information Element
- Event-Editor functions for events formatting
- Establishment of communications:
- Generator (1 to 50 outgoing PVC or SVC)
- Responder (acceptance, 1 to 99 incoming
- Up to 100 VC in the same time
- Frame Relay emulation parameters:
Automatic simulation behavior:
- Generator configuration: from 1 to 50 independent outgoing calls defined by:
- delays and buffer for CALL, CLEAR.
- number of repetitions and delay between
- data source and transmission mode.
- Responder configuration: identical incoming calls defined by:
- ACCEPT/REJECT behaviour.
- transmission option and IE buffer for
CALL-PROC, ALERT, CONNECT, RELEASE.
- delay before CONNECT.
- transmission mode and data source.
- all messages saved in a buffer defined by a user-friendly editor allowing to enter
Information Element content...
- manual commands:
- for CALL, CLEAR
- BECN set and reset, FECN set and reset.
- outgoing communications triggered by:
- starting delay.
- manual commands.
Data sources for virtual circuits
- Pattern (50 pre-defined),
- Transmit File (20 pre-defined) -
- transmission mode of data source
- Send continuously for n seconds.
- Send x times and clear after n
- Setting of Parameters: address length
- PVC: use of Q933
Annex A or T1.617 Annex D, PVC
specifications (DLCI), time-outs
- SVC: use of Q933 or
FRF.4, time-outs, implementation
of certain messages and
- use of CLARINET-Development C language
- Microsoft format library.
- Level N simulation using N-1 emulation on SS7 channel.
- A set of Executable Test Suites packages
resulting from compilation of standard ATS, has been developed by Acacia.
- template of profiles, PICS/PIXIT
- execution under Clarinet Run-time
- The Clarinet TTCN compiler and the stack of emulators allow the users to develop
or customize new ETS.