Clarinet X25 Features
|The Clarinet-system is a powerful Protocol Test
platform supporting X25 protocol over ISDN, E1/T1
Trunks and Vseries interfaces. It offers a wide
variety of functions:
- Automatic simulation
- Conformance testing for different layers of protocols based on
ISO test suites.
The flexibility and the user-friendly
interface of the software provides the user with a way to use it for
product development, engineering, or field trials.
Conformance testing simulation
- Data link of ISDN BRI and PRI interfaces (B channel)
- Signaling link of ISDN BRI and PRI interfaces (D channel)
- Data link of V24, V35, V36, X24.
- Data link of E1 interfaces (1 to 31 aggregated TS)
- Data link of T1 interfaces (1 to 24 aggregated TS)
Protocol Event Generation
- X25 Data link: BOP events,
Statistics Event Generation
- BOP type event counters
- Counters by PDUs type on LAP-B, X25
- Data-flow counters by layer
Protocol Specification for Display
- X25 Data Link (protocol stack with 7 decoding levels):
- BOP envelope,
- X25 layers decoding:
- Layer 2: ITU X25-LAPB
- Layer 3: ITU X25;
- Full decoding of X25 facilities
- Event-Editor functions for events formatting
- Establishment of communications:
- Generator (1 to 50 outgoing PVC or SVC)
- Responder (acceptance, 1 to 99 incoming
- Up to 100 VC in the same time
- X25 emulation parameters:
- DTE/DCE emulation
- Data-Link Layer LAP-B or LAP-D
Automatic Simulation Behavior:
- Generator configuration: from 1 to 50 independent outgoing calls defined by:
- Delays and buffer for CALL, CLEAR.
- Number of repetitions and delay between
- Data source and transmission mode.
- Responder configuration: identical incoming calls defined by:
- ACCEPT/REJECT behavior.
- Buffer for CALL CONNECTED.
- Delay before CONNECT.
- Transmission mode and data source:
default or indication by user-data field.
- All messages saved in a buffer defined by a user-friendly editor allowing to enter
Mandatory Facilities, Addresses...
- Manual commands for CALL, CLEAR
- Outgoing communications triggered by:
- starting delay.
- manual commands.
Data Sources for Virtual Circuits
- Pattern (50 pre-defined),
- Transmit File (20 pre-defined) -
- Transmission mode of data source
- Send continuously for n seconds.
- Send x times and clear after n
- Setting of Parameters (time-limits, length)
- Setting of Parameters (numbering...)
- Time-out values
channels configuration: ranges of SVC, PVC.
- Use of CLARINET-Development C language
- Microsoft format library.
- Level N simulation using N-1 emulation on SS7 channel.
- A set of Executable Test Suites packages
resulting from compilation of standard ATS; developed by Acacia.
- Template of profiles, PICS/PIXIT
- Execution under Clarinet Run-time
- The Clarinet TTCN compiler and the stack of emulators allow the users to develop
or customize new ETS.